by Rosemarie Punzalan, Training Specialist
Earthquakes can happen at home, at work, at school, or even on vacation. It is important that you, your loved ones, your pets, your co-workers and millions of others are prepared for any kind of disaster that could take place - especially an earthquake.
Last Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM PST millions of people participated the 2012 Great California Shakeout's Drop, Cover, and Hold On Drill . The purpose of the drill is to practice how to protect yourself during an earthquake. Below is a Demonstration of Drop, Cover, and Hold On video by the Los Angeles County Firefighters.
Below are some more handy resources:
- The Great California Shake Out http://www.shakeout.org/california/
- Drop, Cover, and Hold On! http://www.shakeout.org/california/dropcoverholdon/
- Drill Manuals and Other Planning Documents
- ShakeOut Drill Manual for K-12 Schools (299 KB PDF)
- ShakeOut Drill Manual for Businesses (733 KB PDF)
- ShakeOut Drill Manual for Non Profits and Other Organizations (303 KB PDF)
- ShakeOut Drill Manual for Government Agencies and Facilities (258 KB PDF)
- ShakeOut Drill Manual for Hospitals (PDF)
Is your office/home prepared for a disaster like an earthquake? Share these resources with your loved ones, co-workers, schools, and offices and develop your own disaster preparedness plans.